“The Mission of St. Paul Lutheran Church and School is to Equip, Support, Serve, Witness Where God Calls Us!”
Statement of Purpose
St. Paul Lutheran School equips children for a life of service with a foundation of academic, physical, spiritual, and social maturity centered around Christ Jesus.
In Order to Accomplish This St. Paul Lutheran School:
- Partners with parents in bringing up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- Educates children in the knowledge of the Holy Scriptures and nurtures a growing trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior from sin.
- Provides a quality education with high expectations for learning in an environment permeated by Christ and His Gospel.
- Teaches necessary skills, critical thinking, and study habits to live competently and creatively in a rapidly changing society.
- Nurtures the development of Christian relationships with peers, family and others.
- Develops the potential of each student to serve their Savior and others in word and deed as good stewards of God’s talents.
- Understands the nature, function, and responsibility of the student as a member of the Church and instills a willingness and ability to serve as an active follower of Jesus Christ.
- Fosters a Christian social responsibility within the Christian community and world through Christian service.
The Philosophy of Christian Education
Christian Education is that vital part of God’s Great Commission where He tells us to “teach all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” Its instruction and training are designed to provide a Christ-centered education for the present and future needs of the student.
The educational experience should address itself to the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical needs of the students. Opportunities are provided to motivate students to develop their God-given talents.
The Christian school fosters an education based on God’s Word. Through His Word students will come to know Jesus as their Savior and with the Holy Spirit’s help, lead them into a lifestyle which will honor Christ and be of service to God and his fellow man.
The primary responsibility for a Christian education is cultivated in the Christian home. As a partner and an extension of the home, St. Paul Lutheran School assists families by providing guidance, support, and encouragement.
Facts About Our School
Since 1916, St. Paul Lutheran Church has supported an elementary school with prayers and financial support. Dedicated pastors, teachers, parents, and members have helped many boys and girls grow in the knowledge of their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Teachers are certified by the State of Michigan as well as the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod.
The school is maintained for the children of St. Paul families and any other families who desire Christian training for their children. All children are expected to participate in the religion curriculum. If parents are not members of a Lutheran church, we encourage them to attend an adult information class so that they are aware of what we teach concerning the Christian Faith. Even though confirmation instruction is given to all eighth graders, they are not required to become members of the Lutheran Church.