Our Philosophy of Education
St. Paul Lutheran Preschool is affiliated with St. Paul Lutheran Church. The Preschool partners with parents in educating children by teaching the Christian faith in accordance with the Holy Scriptures and the Confessions of the Lutheran Church, and by teaching secular subjects in accordance with the Early Childhood Standards of the State of Michigan.
Our program is designed to concentrate on the whole child. We encourage learning in the following areas:
- Social: Working with others and participating in group activities.
- Emotional: Expressing feelings and demonstrating awareness of others’ feelings.
- Physical: Participating in fine and large motor activities.
- Language: Expressing oneself through oral and written language.
- Cognitive: Counting, naming, and thinking conceptually.
- Spiritual: Developing faith and learning about God’s Word.
Learning should involve all the senses; tasting, touching, smelling, listening and seeing. We strive to prepare children through "hands on" activities and a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
Your child will benefit from our individualized instruction and one-on-one attention. Our staff to child ratio is:
- 3 year olds: 1 teacher to every 8 children
- 4 year olds: 1 teacher to every 10 children
Overview of Curriculum
Our child-centered, play based curriculum allows for many hands-on, memorable learning experiences. Daily activities can include: Math, Science, Religion, Language Arts, Spanish, Sign Language, Art, Social Studies, Physical Education, Computers, Cooking, and Field Trips.
Below is an outline of the daily schedule for our Preschool.
Preschool Daily Schedule
|6:30am–8:00am||Morning Latch Key|
|8:00am–8:15am||Arrival; hang up coat, attendance, lunch count, Announcements, Circle Time|
|8:20am–8:25am||Pledge of Allegiance, Christian Flag Pledge, Prayer of the week|
|8:30am–9:00am||Center Time – Math, Science, Art, Lg. Motor, Small Morot, Computer, Housekeeping|
|10:00am–10:15am||Calendar, Book, Weather, Music, Jesus Time and Special Session|
|10:15am–10:30am||Theme based project, bulletin board project, Service Project, or walking fieldtrip time slot|
|11:00am||1. Half-day children: go home
2. Full day children: bathroom then lunch
|11:30am–12:20pm||Full day children: resting room|
|12:30pm–1:10pm||Afternoon Preschool Session Starts
Afternoon Center Time
|1:25pm–1:45pm||Calendar, Book, Weather, Music, Jesus Time and Special Session|
|2:30pm–2:45pm||Project; all day children will do another project that it theme based at this time|
|3:20pm||1. Preschool Pick-up
2. Afternoon Latch Key Begins
|3:20pm–6:30pm||Afternoon Latch Key|