About St.Paul

Mission and Vision

St. Paul is a member congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Our beliefs are firmly grounded in the Word of God and the Bible-based teachings that inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century. These teachings can be summarized in three phrases:

Grace Alone

God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him, and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly. We have done nothing to earn His love and forgiveness.

Faith Alone

By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him.

Scripture Alone

The Bible is God’s inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine. For more information about the LCMS church, beliefs, and practices, please see https://www.lcms.org/belief-and-practice.


We gather as God’s people to worship Him and to receive His gifts of grace in His Word and Sacraments. Each of our services has a slightly different “feel.”

8:15 a.m. Sunday — This is a traditional Lutheran worship service with organ, beloved hymns, choir, and liturgy. The Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the first and third Sundays of the month.

10:45 a.m. Sunday — This service blends contemporary music led by our Praise Team, within the traditional Lutheran liturgy. The Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the second and fourth Sundays of the month.

6:30 p.m. Monday — This is a small and intimate traditional Lutheran service with organ and hymns. The Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the Mondays after the first and third Sundays each month.

Our History

St. Paul Lutheran Church was established in the heart of Royal Oak in 1873. It began in a small wooden chapel, which served as both a house of worship and a school. The day school began in 1916, with just eleven students. In 1918, St. Paul dedicated a new brick church building. The original wooden chapel continued to be used as the school. In 1951, the current school building was dedicated with four classrooms, a library, office, gymnasium, and cafeteria. In 1959, an additional wing was added to the school. The present day church building was dedicated in 1973.

What Our Church Members Are Saying